Wednesday, March 5, 2008

work.. of art

I am facinated by the complexity, the emotion, and the personal creativity that artist pour into their work into their work. We slave over our imagination, we try and create something that will inspire or cause a response - we do all this, and we want it to last forever. At least I do.

I decided to try something different, much like the installation artist, Andy Goldsworthy - the point being art isn't meant to last. I wanted the effort and thought to be the point, not the work itself. This is contrary to how we run our lives, how we want to be remembered - forver. Its hard to put a lot of work into something that won't be around but for a few brief moments, a few fleeting seconds before it is gone! I am starting to think though, that the point of creating anything is mostly for the benefit of the creator. We want praise, addoration, and applause - but perhaps beyond that, deep down, our enjoyment can simply come from creating. I enjoyed every second of the hours it took to create my painting, and maybe that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.