Monday, February 16, 2009

The means to no end


What is the point of a day?
Is it about succeeding in one particular moment?
About striving for a single pinnacle of satisfaction?
Is there a minute during the day when we were not our best, because we were expecting something more?
Anticipating a more perfect moment.

I have begun to imagine that the deepest form satisfaction comes from believing, that the moment you are living, is absolutely the most perfect moment. Enjoyment - is about touching, owning and craving the situation at hand. Getting lost in the immense beauty of a single kiss, or the chill of a slight breeze - convinced that there is no higher purpose for your current existence; Because there is not.

I feel my best, when I throw everything that I am into an experience. The outcome is incredibly better, because I am actually aware, my mind is not wondering lost in distant thought. My motions are stronger, my smile is real - the people I interact with are affected in good ways.
Energy is contagious.

Live realizing that life is a means with no end.
The process is the point; second by second, choice by choice.
How much enjoyment? How much satisfaction?
Decide right now.



(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.