Saturday, May 7, 2011

Come Alive Let Your Self Breathe the Colors



What makes us come alive? What is it that unlocks our dreams, that unbuttons our jeans for us and takes us skinny dipping under a full moon?
What moves our souls? What makes our hearts wild crazy like galloping ponies? What do we adore about ourselves? What do we adore about each other.. about our days, and our late late nights and our sunrise mornings?
Do we know? Do we know ourselves well enough to come alive?

I have been watching my hands today, watching what they do.. have you ever watched your hands? They are beautiful!
Watch what they do, watch how they move, how they feel, how they know where to be at just the right moment - perfect. How they hold a pen, how they strum on an instrument, how they move firewood, how they stroke skin. I have had these hands for all my life, and I think that today is the first time I have really seen them.
Right now I am running my fingertips across my dark blue jeans.. mesmerized.
What a lucky person I am to have hands! Two of them!

How much else have I overlooked?
How many colors have I missed?
Blues, reds, yellows..
I think I know so much.. have answers and explanations.. in touch with my world.. and yet I do not even know my own hands!
Here they are.. mine this whole time.
I am coming alive.. breathing a world that keeps revealing itself inch by inch. Sensuous complexity.
When I look around, there is never a lack of bewilderment.. never a lack of color; it is simply drifting in my blind spot until I give it my focus.
There the whole time.. waiting for me to notice.
Notice today.




Andrew tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.