Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rekindling the Accessibility of Well-being

A thought that has become very active in my mind recently is the accessibility of well-being . I have noticed in my own life that at times I neglect moving towards my goals of wellness, because I am overly focused on an ultimate outcome. There is, I believe, this false sense of distance between every-day action, and the output required to actually change. At times I think many of us feel this same way - that our ambitions outreach our means. We desire dramatic changes, we desire wellness, balance, peace.. yet we don't feel enabled to make such a vast and overwhelming jump. Often, aspirations of wellness are abandoned because there is simply too much effort between our present condition and "observable" success.

I was working with my friend Trent a few weeks ago putting a new ceiling in his house. Trent made the observation that we often overlook how dramatically simple actions affect our overall purpose. In order to "have a new ceiling", there were slight steps that had to be taken well before we were ready to actually install the panels of sheet rock. Buying screws, charging drills, ripping off wallpaper, cutting out old wood.. every step was critical for our ultimate vision. It is only by taking these small steps towards our purpose that we are able to succeed in a specific way.

At any time, when we say to ourselves, "I desire wellness, I desire well-being.", that statement does not have to be insincere or ambiguous. Well-being is accessible. Our intentions and slight actions daily are the driving forces behind great change. Even when we feel disconnected from our final purpose.. those simple steps take us inevitably into our desire.



Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.