Tuesday, May 26, 2015

33°02'01.2"N 86°47'29.2"W

The only way to see myself clearly now..  is too turn and look at the places that built me.   My 'coordinates'... my birth marks on the map.     The outlines of what I adore, and the fear, and the ambition..   they were all there from the beginning.     Like threads heading backwards into old photographs..    I can feel where they touch, somehow, the story of my past..   where I agreed to them.    
I think there is a place, or many, like that in all of us..   place / places that lends as much of itself as it can to our becoming..  to our muchness, or our weakness, or our grace or our apathy.      It isn't a clever thought..   but more like a recollection and a acknowledgement of those spaces...
I am thinking about my identity,   the WHO, that I feel.. deep down.. at the bottom of all of myself.   There is a great deal of who I am, born in ordinary rooms, or while paddling a lake, or in a treehouse...   And what is it that makes those spaces great?     The walls and between them..   the seemingly empty... that gives birth to THIS NOW.   
?
 


Andrew Tipton  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.