Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Massive Quiet Waves


 
 Journal Entry July 28th,
 
Out on the surface of the ocean this morning..   no wind at all.    The calmness is enchanting.   There are massive quiet waves undulating beneath my boat;  smooth as glass, and heavy and dark.     It feels like the sea has fallen asleep, and I am riding the smooth ripples of its enormous heartbeat.   

I am still young and discovering joys from being in the presence of the ocean,   but today its stillness and unwavering surface reminds me of life's simple constancy.  
 On dry land,  surrounded by the hectic, bustling, striving, loudness of modern life..   sometimes I am convinced that the universe is just as vested in the madness as my mind pretends to be.      But out here..   I am the witness to truth..  to the fact that the ocean, the universe, god...   doesn't give a damn.      It is not apathy...  it simply knows that it is greater than the madness.     And it quietly reminds you that you are greater too.     
 Alone, surround by miles and miles of silent turquoise water..     I felt relieved of my desire and opinions of ordinary things.   I felt unencumbered.. not due to distraction...  but as a response to the limitless "observance" and quiet attention of the water.     The only turbulence that existed out here was self-perpetuated...  the resonating, clanging of my own thoughts. 
Somehow the ocean makes it easy to release those feelings..   to find the wholesome delicious heart of yourself.        
   
 
 
 
 
Andrew Tipton
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.