Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tattoos on my mind

If your daily life seems poor, do not blame it; blame yourself, tell yourself that you are not poet enough to call forth its riches; for to the creator there is no poverty and no poor indifferent place.

..and one says to oneself: no, there is not more beauty here than elsewhere, and all these objects, continuously admired by generations and patched and mended by workmen's hands, signify nothing, are nothing, and have no heart and no value; - but there is much beauty here, because there is much beauty everywhere.
Rainer Maria Rilke


Sometimes I wish I could forget things.
I wish I could forget how to be an ass-hole. I wish I could forget the pain that I cause people; the pain they cause me that makes my heart leak tears ever so often. I wish I could forget the taste of black-berries, so that they would be new and incredible every single time I ate one. I wish I could forget words people have said - the simple statements that forever haunt my brain. I wish I could forget perverted photographs. I wish I could forget that I will probably be alive tomorrow. I wish I could forget how old I am. I wish sometimes.. I could forget the truth that I have learned.

There are tattoos on my mind. These inked-in scars that grind against my skull.. visions of incredible places and early morning raindrops and painful screams; the best and the worst of everything - all eleborately, permanently scribbled onto the back of my imagination.
Even dreams are there - I can remember dreams. That is mysterious.
The mystery of existence is stunning.


(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.