Monday, May 31, 2010

Today is Ours





4:30 am. Wake up to the sound of my alarm clock buzzing,
I cringe; raindrops falling outside. All I can think about is how desperately I want to close my eyes, and slip back into the comfort of a deep sleep.
I am a slave to my tiredness, and the thought of a few more hours of dreaming sounds very enticing.
It is at this moment that the fate of my day rests.,

I turn off the alarm, and climb out of bed. standing alone in the darkness, my aching eyes still closed, the world is black and silent - the only sound are my heavy breathes.
Ahead of me, lies 50 miles of walking; an exploration into the heart and soul of American humanity.
"What if....".
What if... today is the day that we wake up hungry..
what if today is the day we let go of our excuses and do what we have always wanted..
what if today is the day we walk,
or speak,
or unbashedly exist - openly, loudly, purely.
What if, we engage pain and pleasure and fear and challenge, and motion head on and just see what happens.

Today we asked ourselves: What if. The answer to that question always amazes me.





Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.