Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hypnotic Revival


This month started with 14 nights of deep black dreams.
I took myself away from comfortable for just two weeks to see what would happen.. without any expectation, without any good reasons.
It is astonishing what can become if we let ourselves journey to places without answers.
What I found on day 15 of this month.. was my own mortality.
Waking up that morning, I lay there, cold, aching, awake, dreaming - my eyes closed,.. Considering choice. My choice.

Often, I find myself clinging to rigidity.. like an old solider, believing that if have invested time and effort into an idea, or an pursuit.. I must resolutely uphold it. That firmness is breaking apart.. I'm realizing that my ideas are not me; just because I have been committed to doing things a certain way.. doesn't mean I have to continue doing them that way. I am free to change - free to uncover a different side.. and to pursue it at any time.
We are not tethered to circumstance.. not tied to a lifestyle, or an attitude.
Our lives are like ice cubes.. whose cold resolution can melt away in a moment.
ASK: What do I want?


I am beginning to experience life through reborn eyes.
To see an answer as merely one of a thousand answers;
To see truth as a perspective.
I own choice. That is enough to take my breath away tonight.



Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.