Sunday, April 10, 2011

Keep Your Hands Open

So many times it seems like the best thing to do with life is clutch it tightly between my fingers.
"Its so good right now." I tell myself, "Why would I want change?".
Maybe if I squeeze hard enough I can keep it like this.
But I am only clutching air. I am only holding a passing beam of sunshine.

I'm reminded this morning to keep my hands open.
No matter the fullness of this moment .. keep your fingers spread wide, and your palms open.
I'm breathing that thought this morning.

I'm watching the ceiling fan turn.. its breeze gently stroking the black and white photos on my walls.. dancing with the white feathers on my dream catcher from Chandel.





Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.