Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shatter the Windows




The Cathedral, white with a reflection that steals your words.
I watch for snow cats, black silk. making their way across the ledges,
the purple curly tails of pigs in the early morning sky,
that's what Joshua calls them.
roll over and expect nothing,
maybe though.. expect to be dismayed.
expect to be open handed, anything fits.
This instrument tonight, play, strum until you drift. Snow drift
across my fingers. We are warm blooded, Hot. Because it melts under our touch.
Touch. and watch it melt. See how we are. Incredible human spectacle.
I am seeing my voice inside out.. watched it shatter the windows.
like a million diamonds. Slow motion, beautiful explosion.
I wish you could see the inside of my mind.
Lips and sounds that strike a pose, strike a chord
Like songs that stroke the shoulders of your soul... watch with a silent mouth. Wait for it... wait for it... NOW.
I am undoing what has been written down.
Dry erase. Chalk board. Pencil drawing.
discovering that we are better than I ever imagined.
discovering what it was like in the beginning
before we knew cleverness,
before we were broken to the purity and dismay of simple colors.
it comes. melts into itself,
unravelling with grace and silent confusion -
like a conversation about kissing in a language I do not know.
the words hang silent on my tongue,
waiting to silp into the breaking waves..
we do not comprehend what we see.
we do not comprehend what we say.
I hope we do. Love. it. all.



Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.