Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book About Waves

I got a book about waves.
Hard to believe you could fit a wave between. The Pages.
In a book.

Some things you don't know until you're down.
Inside them. Thrusting.

And even then, you are just a man with eyes, and arms.
Make. Believe.

Maybe. There are more. Also
Gentle.
Delicate.
On a page. In a book. In our heads.

That we don't know the truth of them.
The mind thinks so. But the body.. oh the body
does not know.

Not the feeling. Outside. Beyond the talk of it.
Beyond the figured out and the all of it.

I held my grandfather.s hand yesterday,
while he told me goodbye for the second time.

He said, I'll miss you. And meant it.

And we both cried.
Because
Its one thing to talk about waves

neatly bound.
between two covers.

And another thing. To be inside the O C E A N.



Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.