Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wounded Eyes and Seeing Clearly

As soon as I saw the blood, my heart broke into a thousand jagged pieces. I felt a silent agonized scream rip its way from inside my lungs, punching the breath out of me. My body wouldn't move fast enough or deliberate enough to reverse time or take back the moment.. I tried, I just don't know how. Suddenly the world lost focus and then realigned itself.. everything that had made sense ten minutes ago became inconsequential - we really are fragile I remember thinking. ArRRRrraaahhHHH! The scream finally broke free of my mouth.

(Thoughts while driving to the hospital)
I think that all that holds substance in life is love - Genuine, bewildered, unfiltered, and desperate. It takes the realization of impermanence to make me see that. But, DAMN! I do see it. I see how much is offered, I see how little I accept, I see the thickness of the threads.. like a web spreading out connected to everything I do. Love makes us vulnerable, it makes us tangible, it makes us powerful.. I don't want to miss it.



Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.