Sunday, April 15, 2012

Filtering the Colors


Sitting under the stars, breathing heavy and sipping Merlot straight from the bottle.. the past few weeks finally caught up to me. I slouched back into the wet grass, letting the weight and the emotions of the month finally reach my lungs. I replayed images through my mind of the faces and the moments.. I saw the moss covered trees of Savannah and the perfectly trimmed lawns of Forsyth park, felt the wonderful sensation of diving into the moon-lit waves of the Gulf, heard beautiful voice of my nephew as he said my name for the first time, and watched the last difficult breaths of my grandfather - inhale... exhale.
It takes effort, but I am always glad when I pause and filter back through life in my mind. I think often we keep memories and emotions boxed up inside without directly addressing them or giving ourselves permission to embrace or release their energy. Experiences build up.. we move on... but there is no closure. Filtering gives me closure.. it enables me to relive an experience without being limited by the emotion of that "moment". I feel like I'm filtering out the true colors of a scene.. my body feels better for it.



Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.