Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Subjective

I find myself subjected to subjective thoughts nearly every moment of every day. I twist truth with my idea of how life is supposed to be - and the outcome is less than centered. Life becomes subjective to me. To what I do. To how I live. To who I think I am.
This is inevitable, because this is the only way I've ever looked at life, and the only way that I ever will. However, wouldn't life be so much more free if the world could be seen from eyes that were objective?
When I forget the stories in my head about who I am, what I know, who others should be, and why everyone would be better off if they were more like me - I begin to taste freedom. Let go.. just let it go. Let go of subjective hate, let go of the realitivity of your own mind!
To realize that I am just a piece in an incredible puzzle; a puzzle that has billions of different pieces, each unique, each fitting in somehow - that takes the pressure of me to change everyone. I can start living. I can smile, I can breathe, I can function as a part of the motion instead of a barrier to it.
As long as I am wrapped up in the faults and differences in others, I will never truely break out of the box of self. Get out of the cage already. Grow already. Focus your attention on what else you could do, not what someone else should be doing - and the world will change.

I am the most subjective person I know. Damn subjectivity.

(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.