Monday, May 12, 2008

TOUCH EVERYTHING

I had a dream a few nights ago about touch - the word has been spinning in my head ever since. Touch everything
It is incredible how much the world would change if I did that. TOUCH is such a loaded word.
I love to be touched. I was born that way, with an absolute addiction for contact. The feeling of hands kneading my muscles, or bare skin across my skin, is like drinking pure energy - I can't get enough. I love to touch as well, I love to feel, to grasp, to run my fingertips along an object until I know it. I love the energy that flows between myself and some other concious being. The roughness of a boulder, the fuzzy underside of leaves, the massage of sand between my fingers, the warm splash of ocean waves, the bark on trees, the slickness of mud, the coldness of metal, the slight thump of a heart in a chest. There is so much to touch.


TOUCH EVERYTHING? What does that mean to me? In order for me to touch anything, I have to go to it - literally. I have to be where it is, journey there, climb, run, jump, fall, crawl, whatever it takes -- to touch everything, you must reach it first.
What happens when I do touch something? If I do touch an object, it becomes part of me.. I feel it, I know it, I see it differently, understand it in a more complex way. And when I touch something, I leave a part of myself with it - be it figerprints, tracks, blood, sweat, thoughts, words, tears; I change that object.

Imagine touching everything. Imagine using every part of yourself to touch this incredible world. Imagine placing your hands in freezing streams, running your fingers through summer grass.. imagine touching people with your words, touching their minds with your ideas.. imagine touching someones heart with a smile, imagine touching the future with your writing or your art, or your music. Imagine touching everything - and letting it touch you back.

I want to touch.

(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.