Monday, January 19, 2009

What I see from here



this is a place that has no place in my soul,
you say I'm old,
but its not true,
its not my wrinkles that define me, its the way I move.
and its the motion of my mind that captures peace,
its the way I breathe,
and its the way I eat.
and its the way I stand for whats right, and at night
where I go, to sleep when its cold,
I know its freezing outside,
but I gracefully decided
not to take my life so comfortably,
or feel so serene,
ninety-nine percent of the time its me,
and what I want or need,
so I stop a minute to bleed, with the blood comes free,
dumb, I might be,
but I don't concern myself with what you think of my shirt
or my overall net worth,
there is more to me than that,
and I constantly regret living less than I can
and less than I am,
now I have no fear and no preoccupation
no unfounded reason, no bullshit hesitation
to wear on my chest,
and at my very best I'm alive and awake,
make no mistake
its what I live to do,
in the process we forgot the heart of truth:
that life is absolutely pure,
nothing to ask for, nothing more I could desire
I want the waves
I want the flames
I want the fire,
Its not enough to behave, I will aspire to be bad
badly in love with peace,
in every crease
of existence, on every tier
infatuated with the moment so undeniably near,
so take the blinders off your eyes first,
see yourself, your funeral, see your own birth,
its the feeling that I get when I traverse earth,
its warmth of summer, naked with my clothes off,
its the glory of the story that is playing in my own soft
core imagination,
this is motion, my personal revelation
this is definitely me:
Live well, be strong, grow wild
you are completely free.


(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.