Thursday, March 26, 2009

TIGERS LOVE WATER


There are places I haven't been yet.
There are deserts that I haven't walked across and thirsted for cool water.
There are small bars in lazy towns that I haven't played songs in.
There are roads that wind through mountains where you can see a million stars at night.
There are waterfalls that I have not yet played under.
There are tree houses that I haven't slept in.
There are lakes which I haven't explored.
There are friends that I have not yet talked to.
There are photos of faces, which have not yet been taken.
There is money that has not yet been given.
There are tears that I have not yet cried.
There are smiles and laughter that I have not yet shared.

How can we sit still?
How can we wait and wait and wait, and fret?
How can get comfortable?
We are part of this earth - embrace earth.


I am sitting in my apartment in Hawaii. I am looking out on the mountains at night, and I feel this amazing breeze blowing across my face.
Tomorrow I am learning to sail.
This place is alive .. alive with opportunities to grow and learn and change.
This is adventure!
But this is not the end. There is never an end - until I stop breathing.
I am so grateful for the day. For the chance to absolutely exhaust myself beyond measure. I will never stop wondering or being astounded by the motion of life.
25 is a number. My number.
How quickly it rolls forward... 26, 27, 39, 45, 59, 90...
We don't even realize!

And then what you did.. is all that you did. When you discover that each moment was a chance to be free, was a chance to do whatever it is that shakes your mind and makes you gasp with amazement.
Catch that.




(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.