Thursday, May 7, 2009

lines of days

I have few friends.
I am neither burndened to find more, nor do I feel the need to convince the ones I have to stay. We simply are.
Friendship is unfathomable. It is a relationship far beyond "aquaintances", or "pals", or "lovers". It stretches infinately past mood, or location, or situation.

Life is like a beautiful sheet of music... and we are notes burued in the lines of days - without the notes, the music is not complete - we must be together; its the way life was composed.

You don't chose real friends.. they happen to you.
People whose minds are so closely knit to yours, that you can almost hear them think. A person that drives you to become free; that challenges you to move in ways you haven't yet imagined; a person that does things to you and goes places for you; a person that lends you all the unity and strength and honesty you can handle - just so you can lend it all back.
Like the sand on the beach, you don't know where you begin and the other begins - because your hearts are thumping to the same two beats: "Live free... Live free... Live free.. thump thump... thump thump... thump thump.."

Friendship is powerful, it is rare, and I treasure it greatly.
One of my friends, Joshua, is on a crusade. He is travelling to Camden, MN to pursue music and adventure. By train, through snow and across unfamiliar country, he is forgetting comfort and excuses and instead, pursing life. Although part of me wishes we were travelling together, I know that it is better if we move in seperate ways for awhile - growing stronger on our own, so that when we reunite we will be even wiser, more alive and braver.
Joshua is an amazing human, he says words that I only think, and he says them with such potency that they burn my mind.. yet so delicatly that I am afraid to whisper them - for fear of losing the thought altogether.
I am glad to have someone so much like myself that I can call friend, brother.
Here is a an recent writing from Joshua; it is strong and exactly what our hearts ache for - his words are a shout that shatter the silence of complacency. They remind me of why I'm here and what is good. Thank you Josh for these words.

i'm on a train.
#20 the CRESCENT... and every second has me in a place i have never seen or been to. its a weird feeling and wonder if i really know where i'm going. the less control i have over where i'm giong the better i feel. leaving the land of comfort and plenty i have built up, for the days i have been waiting for - days of barefeet, of doing what i love and am good at, of not doing what i don't want to do, of taking my clothes off and running into the ocean, of living honestly in every moment attached to nothing else and so set free from the learned meantality and ways of the world. no compromise of purity and no sharing my gift of life and time with anything other than the integrity of my heart. forgetting the knowledge i've been taught...learning how to hear all thats always been there since i was created - like i said, the integrity of my heart. the child in me that fellowships with God and the garden rather than mingle with a tree that talks wondering how good the fruit it dangles in front of me tastes...i want to sell all of my cleverness and purchase bewilderment. JOSHUA




(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.