Sunday, May 17, 2009

LICK MY MIND

I met a girl in LaniKai.
She is stunning.. beautiful, sky-blue eyes, ringlets of silky blonde hair, a smile that is entirely kind, and entirely sensual, a body that models dream about.
Ordinarily, I wouldn't give her a second glance. Beauty, it seems - has a way of compensating for a dull-mind.
But this is Hawaii.

I have only met her twice, both times accidentally; which is probably not a coincidence.

She and I spent two nights together, dancing under the stars of Kailua Beach, running along the shoreline chasing waves. We lay in a field under the moonlit shadow of Diamondhead, watching the full moon, as it swum through layers of dark clouds.
We are not lovers, we are not friends - merely human beings existing in the same place at the same time. Enjoying the quite 2am ocean breeze, enjoying the silhouette of islands off the Hawaiian coast, enjoying the beauty of words.


My favorite thing about this blonde, island girl, is that she "SPEAKS". She doesn't talk, or chatter, or make idle use of her mouth.
She uses words like: symphony, watermelonjuice, and vibration; words whose sound tastes like cool water splashing through my ears.
I love those words. I love those exposed, beautiful thoughts about the sensuality of simply enjoying the moment. I love that I can taste her mind, that she takes the time to describe the light flickering around the edges of palmtree leaves, and how the most "average" experience becomes incredible - simply by describing it with truth and emotion.

There are so many things you and I could say to one another.
So many words and phrases, so many delicate intricacies of exposed thoughts.
We could talk about the weather, we could debate politics, we could analyze theories and dictate postulations about planets; I could tell you about the feeling of sunshine on a chilly afternoon, you could speak to me of how a wave travels across the ocean. There is so much we can say.
I forget constantly that my ability to speak is a gift - that the things I am able to communicate are powerful.
The same energy that I use climbing a mountain, or diving through a waterfall, I use in the words that come spilling out of my mouth. The same strength, the same living and breathing.
I am aware that I often waste my breathe on shallow words. Somewhere in the transition of the experience, and the relation of that experience - I forget the potency and the magnificence of description.
Words are stunning.

I want you to lick my mind like an ice cream cone.
I want you to be able to taste my experiences, my thoughts, my dreams - through my words. To feel what I feel, to be where I've been.
When I speak, it shouldn't be brief or rushed, it should be delicious.
Lets savor each others minds.
Lets use our tongues and our lips and our verbs our and nouns and speak for once. Life is worth it.


(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.