Monday, May 18, 2009

Paradise for Trade


They say... "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with." Bullshit.
I say, "If you can be with the ones you love.. be with them.
Love above all else is precious, love above all else is fleeting, love rocks my mind, it spreads my wings, it washes the dirt out of my tired eyes, it wraps my broken ankles and helps me stand up, it screams in my face, and sings lullabies to my heart.

I want to know what you're willing to trade?
I want to know what you're willing to live for?
I want to know if I'm crazy.
I am crazy.
I watch time drip from my sunglasses; the drops splash on my mid-afternoons and I long for backseat drivers to remind me where to turn. These exits all look the same.
Its not the destination that draws my smile, its the passengers.
(I find myself waking up happy to know you; thrilled that we shared the same moments in the same places; thrilled that we will share more)
We are all packed in my jeep - and the world is ours.
Anywhere - because we have each other - we are not each others' crutches; we are silhouettes of radiance that bring out the best parts of one another.
Shine on sweet chariot. We are fascination, we are instigation. We are the warmest parts of summer when we are together.
Its the music and genuine prayers, and the smiles, and the pain, and the late nights and early mornings, and the hours spent driving across deserts that make me want to be with you again. To roam. To sing. To speak. To challenge. To embrace. To grow.

I would trade paradise.
I would trade all that I am, not because I have a guarantee of something better, or wilder, or more pleasurable.. simply because the idea of a life filled with unknown and you at my side, is most amazing.
I could never dream of anything more potent for this world; I cannot imagine a more exquisite way to die, than living for truth and freedom.
I will see you soon. Live free never be tamed.


(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.