Saturday, June 13, 2009

Driving With Vagabonds


I wonder if we forgot to behave for once,
if anyone would notice the smile on our faces?
I wonder if we are dangerous when we sleep?
Do you dream of revolutions?
The revolutions of planets,
supernovas,
and the motion of starlight,
I wonder if you know the color red,
like I know the color red,
The flames of sunrises in Kailua,
the color of both our hearts,
the color of painted horses in Arizona at sunset.
My door swings open, and you climb into my life.
Your dirty duffel bag filled with stories and whiskey.
My friend Christian; I want to call you Charles,
because I do believe in evolution.
The evolution of our minds; and of our perceptions.
I sail across waves.
You have a son named "Ocean".
You have a dog named "Sister".
I have a sister.
We are the same.
Do you know where we are going?
It doesn't matter; getting there is the point.
Where were you and I before we met on the side of this highway?
How many days were we looking for each other?
How long did you wait on me underneath that bridge?
Destiny unfolds in my mind;
like a paper tiger, it climbs through the branches of my thoughts.


You tell me that everyone has answers,
everyone except us, because we know too much to have answers anymore.

I look into your bright blue eyes and see myself years ago,
I look into your weathered face and see myself years from now,
182 miles.
Your eyes are bright yet tired.
Your beard is full and gray.
Your hands are worn and strong.
I think we are most beautiful when were are well used.

For 182 miles we are brothers.
For 182 miles we are everything.
Being human to one another; not because we have to be,
because we can
.
I was grateful for the chance to drive with each one of you.
Peace to you guys on your travels.

Christian,
James,
Jose,
Marv,



(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.