Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life as Circles


Returning is the motion of the Tao.
Yielding is the way of the Tao.
The ten thousand things are born of being.
Being is born of not being.
- Lao Tsu

I had an incredible weekend. Dancing at a rave surrounded by sweat and glow-sticks, rock climbing across boulders at sunset, telling stories around a crackling campfire, strumming songs on my guitar at 3:30 in the morning, swinging in my hammock at dusk beside a beautiful lake, playing in the park under a perfect blue sky and laughing until I couldn't breathe. As I tossed myself onto my bed last night, I felt completely exhausted - my eyes heavy, my skin still warm from a day's worth of sunshine, my muscles aching.. I was worn out in the best sort of way; I lay there for a moment and embraced the pleasure of well-earned tiredness.

I am beginning to see life as circles.. every motion I make, every decision, every smile or word or touch.. connected like veins to my past and my future. Life is not a linear experience. No motion is independent from any other motion. We live a moment, we act.. and that energy affects us residually for the remainder of our lives. Powerful.
This is entire weekend happened because of motions I made in my past: words I said, or songs I listened to, or a decision to go somewhere, or to call someone, or the decision to smile, or the simple decision to be silent - they add up, and they return to us.
It is what I do Now, that opens the doors to what I do Now, later.

When we know that life returns to us.. I think it creates a sense of honest sincerity; our now becomes our everything, because we realize that everything comes from what we decide right now.



(Andrew Tipton)

1 comment:

  1. That is so true! Everything is connected, even if we don't see the connection at first. Life and time are a circle.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.