Sunday, October 31, 2010

DO

"Every beauty and greatness in this world is created by a single thought or emotion inside a man. Every thing we see today, made by past generations, was, before its appearance, a thought in the mind of a man or an impulse in the heart of a woman. The revolutions that shed blood and turn men's minds toward liberty were the idea of one man who lived in the midst of thousands of men...
A single thought built the pyramids, founded the glory of Islam, and caused the burning of the library at Alexandria." - Broken Wings

I am becoming seduced by the idea of intentionally and completely acting on my thoughts; throwing myself into the untethered mystery of possibility.
Dare I?

Sometimes it seems that revolutions slip through our fingers.. because we don't allow ourselves the bravery to act on our daydreams.
At times, a thought will enter my mind, and I say to myself, "How incredible that would be!" - and yet I do nothing to consummate the vision... I let it play comfortably and softly in the recesses of my mind - where it cannot be harmed; where it can never bloom. And it suffocates there.

I am a dying man - What is there to fear?
Rejection? Failure? The unknown?
Are you kidding me?? Is that it??? Seriously??
I watch people walk away from the the very places that they long for.. because they can't face the idea of their thought not succeeding.
I believe that we're often so traumatized by the idea of failure... that we rarely even give ourselves a chance. For the sake of safety, we trade away every possibility.

These thoughts. These mental explosions that thunder inside our rib cages.. like tornadoes, trying to rip their way out! Can you imagine what would happen if we stopped walking away from them.. and instead lived them!

I walked up to a stranger on a beach once.. and kissed her without ever saying a word. One of the best thoughts I've ever done.
This life is over so quickly. I cannot find a reason to be silent..






Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.