Sunday, January 16, 2011

Indian Song



"..Life is just a day on the way.."
Joshua Kumrits

Sometimes it is hard to see through the weight of the moment.
What we desire, and what we hold in our hands seem at times very different. On the horizon, we distinguish the place we want to be.. the person we want to become... often though, it feels like there is such a great distance between us and that point. I've watched my own anticipation get the best of me at times.. and found myself wondering aloud, "Will I ever arrive?

My friend Josh wrote a song a few years ago.. called, "Indian Song".. it is 2 minutes long, and it is brilliant. In the last few lines, he sings softly.. "Life is just a day on the way... oh, life is just a day on the way." - The first time I heard those lyrics, they were etched solidly into my mind. They are simple, un-struggling, calm, passionate, natural, resilient, careless. They are true.

Yesterday I came across that song.. and when those lyrics swept through my ears, down into the deep caves of my soul.. the whole world melted away, like it always does. The shadows and cathedrals of my own invention disappeared - I found myself as I always have been, a simple human, on my way through an uncomplicated life.. living for awhile, and then dying.

I am grateful for Friends who share, and whose words and dreams continually point me towards the truth.. that all of this existence is marvelous.
As I walk towards my dreams, I turn my focus away from the distant horizon, and instead watch the steps below my feet.. this one.. then the next.. then the next..
One step at a time... one day on the way.



Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.