Saturday, March 5, 2011

Coversations with Jessie

Many times, we take offense to honest questions.. because they illicit honest answers... answers that perhaps we have not yet fully resolved ourselves.
Personally, I am used to being asked watered down questions.. those comfortable, easy, non-threatening ones.. that keep me off the hook, never engaging my mind or thoughts, never pressing me to address my own actions.
We like those questions I think.. because they are ambiguous.. because they let us drift. I watch myself and I watch friends, lingering in states of perpetual vagueness.. fulfilling daily urges, routines, and yet never attending to the reasons that drive our lives.
If we give ourselves the chance to create our own honest answers.. then we have given ourselves the chance to influence the shape our lives.
When someone asks us.. "Why are you here?", or "Do you think your life has purpose?", or asks, "Where does your happiness come from?" - the question will not seem so vulgar, because the answer is already resting in the back of our thoughts. Instead of fleeing because we have no response.. we will welcome the chance to expose our resolution.
I need some honest questions.






Andrew Tipton

1 comment:

  1. right on man!!! We must probe ourselves to understand ourselves. We have to get our hands dirty and look our fears in the eyes sometimes but it is worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.