Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MOA

Men of Adventure

There is only so much I can take. There is a swell inside, a wave that has been growing since I was born - it started small, it was controlled, there was an ache but no wound. I felt the burn to escape, to let go. The wave has grown. I am now riding a tsunami.
Swept away by the greatness and the thirll, the call is pressing.. so pressing. I am caught in the wake of freedom. There is an urge inside me, a genuine unstoppable urge for freedom! To touch the world, no in a ambiguous pretty way, but solidly, strongly.. to reach my hands out and grab it, twist it under my fingers - the oceans, the mountains, the trees, the people, the thoughts, the rivers, the songs, the nights, the mornings, the heat, the cold, the truth of existence.

We are men of adventure. There is motion in us, around us, all around us.. and I can't stand just reading about it, or thinking about it!! I want to be in it, surrounded by it, I want to feel it pumping through my veins and in my eyes. Do you think you will be young forever? I cannot let myself be owned anymore - this all will pass away.. and what did I do? Did I own a beautiful house? Did I drive an amazing car? Did I build a career? did I sell my soul for $50,000 a year.. $100,000.. $1,000,000... no price tag is worth your life! Only once. That is how many times you have to live today - only once .
So much keeps us tied to the safety. But safety has choked me until I can't breathe anymore, comfortable has stolen my growl. ARE YOU NOT TIRED OF LOVING IT ALL TOO MUCH??? ARE YOU NOT ABSOLUTELY INSANELY COMPELLED TO MOVE???
I am ready. God, I am ready. I am nothing, I don't deserve a thing. And yet there is the entire world given to me to enjoy. Wow. Adventure is calling is calling. Join me.



(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.