Sunday, June 1, 2008

this moment of youth


I am always in a struggle.
I am constantly forgetting that life doesn't make circles.
I am consumed by the fact that we are beautiful, strong, and radient only for a fleeting instant. An instant, a blink, a moment of youth
There are those of use who either don't care, or don't know how incredible life is between the ages of 10 and 20 something. We are so captivated by the simplicity of conformity, that we're willing to sacrifice our bodies, our dreams, and our abilities to the gods of work and success. Life is too fast for such pursuits! It is over before it begins!
Don't you wonder when the last day you will jump will be? Don't you wonder when will be the last time you will run so fast it hurts? Don't you wonder when you will no longer have the luxury of being naked and being an insanely beautiful creature? There are joys that age strips from us. There are encumbrances thrust upon us - quickly. Some will slowly slip away, their youth draining from them, until one day they will realize that they haven't jumped in 20 years, they haven't run in 20 years, they haven't even tried for 20 years - and it will be too late. I will not be one of these people!
this body, however feeble, however weak and fragile, is the greatest and only gift that I have been given. It is all I possess on this earth, nothing more nothing less. I wish to take it to the ends of the world! I wish to enjoy every part of it- of this incredible planet! I hope to use every bit of strength that I hold. Unlock the wisdom that is inside, expose the flaws, I want to jump logs, climb trees, swim rivers until I have no breathe left to move.
Wouldn't be a shame if I were to die with energy or passion or intensity still left inside? Why should I store these things? When life ends, and it will, be it sooner or later, what will I have left to do? Nothing. There is nothing left, because I have spent it all away while I had the chance.'

Enjoy. Live free. Never stop moving. Die tired.


(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.