Monday, June 16, 2008

the rain came


There was silence for a moment,

moonlight bathing me in soft atonement,

the sins of my day only shadows,

hidden by the blackness of the night.



I listen to the waves roar,

I listen to the ocean,

It sings songs about the truth that I adore,

songs about the love of motion.



Clouds twist in graceful fury,

above my head as I bury

my fingers further down into the sand,

deeply down into the sand.



There is a cool breeze blowing across my face,

I tilt my head back and my tounge tastes

the saltwater and wine that stain my cracked lips.



"Beauty..", I smile and say, "..is hidden in the perfect places."

and then the rain came.





Slow at first, I could count the drops

Then thick and strong, and the calmness stopped.

The rush of a thousand heavy wings.

The chorus, before an angel sings.



Lightning chased every star away,

The thunder made the palm leaves sway,

and in the sand is where I lay,

watching clouds collide.



What action does a mere man take?

pinned against the beach, in heaven's wake.

Only here do I find the true weakness of my strength.

The mercy bound to each moment,

The second hand,

how undeserving of it.

In the face of glory there is no time,

only motion

only life

only the devine.



the rain came - I found peace between the drops.


Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.