Friday, January 15, 2010

silent


Dear sister; daughter of sunlight and all that is alive. You burn inside of me tonight. You who I have never found a place for; never known; never touched.. suddenly you. You shine across my eyes through my tears from beneath the deepest of shadows. Suddenly you. Suddenly a comet through a smoke black sky.. and I do see you. Do call to you in my soul. / my mouth trembles with simplest knowing, only the very edge of your aching spirit. Choking on my own thoughts. What would I say if I could? My consolations falter on my tongue.. My words shatter inside your ears like the broken buildings around you; I watched you cry. More than cry. I watched your heart crumble away; I watched you break into dust. Your screams, your love, your voice swept to the seas. / I close my eyes in a crowded room and imagine you. alone. There is dancing all around me, careless smiles and light hearts.. yet you are still alone; you are empty from warm embrace. My world sways; swirls around me, my body weak and raging.. How many in an instant? How swiftly life comes. How it is lost in eternity in an instant. / I am not one who believes or fears death. And yet I do imagine these things. From your mind.. I do see them so silent and sharp and clearly. Do you sit tonight.. wondering.. like myself? wondering at all we do? Wondering at all we have built and made and clung to? / My sister.. my survivor, my sharer of this earth; for this today. I see you. Stare at you. Am you for this instant. May hope and peaceful rest find you.. wrap itself around your body and cradle you through the night. Soft lullabies to a wounded child.




Andrew Tipton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.