Tuesday, April 29, 2008

All of me




There was this tiny thought in my head today about us.
about everything that makes us anything. You have to ask yourself the question, "who am I?" what makes me me? A difficult question? no. Nothing makes me anything - I am myself regardless of everything. However! what is it that I do, what I wear, whatI say, the thoughts I think, the places where I go, what I look at, what I eat - what is it that makes up me?
I realized today how little I believe certain movements ARE me. I don't think work is me, yet I would say that adventure is me. How does that work? Where is the line? I don't associate things in my life with the person I don't want to be. I try to chose what I am, by selecting just a few movements from my life - and I say "those" are who I am. ARE THEY? I am, you are, we are everything we do. We are: watching a movie, we are sleeping, we are whining, we are eating, we are laughing, we are swimming in the ocean, we are climbing a mountain, we are the the road we drive, we are words we read, we are the things we say, we are what we think. That is powerful!! we are exactly ALL that we do.

Does that make you want to change anything? I want to change. There experiences that currently ARE ME.. that I don't want to be. If everything I do, in some way, becomes me; I am convinced that life should be so intense, so strong, so vibrant, that all that I do, I am thrilled about, dangerously intense about, passionate about, I am glad I am.

It is all you - every movement you make - not some, not many, ALL of them! I will move in ways that are worth myself.

(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.