Monday, August 11, 2008

Alone in my Head


There are moments when I am owned by my mind. Moments when I am absorbed into the drama and confusion of my own imagination. Beautiful moments, full of thought and introspection, debate and color. I live within the bounderies of my skull, wrapped up in the process of life - the seconds that have just passed me by.
Its a good place to rest for a minute, to recharge and reinvent. Never underestimate the power of being still!
At times though, I linger there, pondering myself and my reason for motion. I get caught in the cycle of thoughts, the rythm of thinking. If I spend too much time in my own mind, forget the present. I forget that there are words to say, and smiles to give, and skin to touch, and children to hold in my arms. I forget about the sweat from running, and the pleasure of diving into a cold stream. As incredible as the mind is, I do not wish to live a life inside my head.

I need motion, we were all designed for movement! I shake myself loose from my coat of self-awareness, and focus my attention back on the beauty at hand - the beauty that is absolutely blinding my eyes. I look into a sunset, I smell the sweetness of freshly cut grass, I taste the flavors hidden in strawberries, I hear the perfect notes of songs.. My eyes begin to light up. Truly, Life is better, lived.


(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.