Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Taste of Raindrops

It rained today.
It rained thick and heavy... dark and mysterious like ancient stories from the pages of a dusty book. The smell is intoxicating. It has the scent of energy of life and strength, of wildness, of the untamed - the smell of all things alive and breathing and full taste.
The rain poured down, it flowed through tree branches and across the leaves, down the bark and onto the ground, and into the soil and through the roots.. it flowed into the earth and the world let out a sigh that you could feel in your soul.
I stood under the drops.
My eyes closed, and my mouth slightly open - I could taste the sweetness and saltiness as the water ran down my sweat stained face and along my dry lips.
Everything about me is wet. My face, my arms, my hair, my skin - it is the feeling of complete saturation; it is amazing.
I let the drops run from my lips, down my neck, and all the way to my finger tips.. they slide down each one of my fingers and hang for a few moments before dripping onto the ground.

Standing bare in the rain, it runs over my body and my thoughts - washes away the blood and the tears and the anticipation.
Rain is real and it is beautiful on a summer night.

(Andrew Tipton)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about life. There are no parameters, say what you want about whatever you want - freedom.